Welcome to my blog about my journey through cranio with my youngest Denver. I write this blog to benefit myself by getting my feeling out and hope that someone may read this and get an understanding about what we go through as mums dealing with cranio. Some people thimk the journey of cranio ends after the 1st cranio surgery but that is far from the truth, this is a life changing journey that goes on for the life of the child and their family. I often write things I would never have the courage to say out loud to anyone, often the feelings are very raw and honest. So join me on my roller coaster ride through cranio and lets get through this together.

Friday, September 13, 2013

He has wild hair

Denver has always had beautiful blond shinny hair. I have always loved playing with it and running my fingers through his hair. He had a little amount of hair when he was born, it slowly grow and he had a mullet, we then had his first hair cut and it became a little boys hair, over the years we have had long, short, wild, shaved, and we now have long. We are not allowed to cut it. It covers his scar, he doesn't like his friends to see it, he tells me it keeps his brain warm and protected. I hear that people often do this after surgery where there is a scar left a form of protection. So he currently has this beautiful long blond shinny hair that I love to play with, he pushes my hands away but then pushes it back. One day he will be happy to cut it again and not feel the need to keep his brain warm or protected and is scar will be of no concern.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment